churchope Version 3.1 is now available for download from Olegnax download

Themoholics

We like to create professional
WordPress themes

Register a new account

Presales question about use of galleries and events
  • Hi Themoholics - I've been using a testdrive to check out the Churchope Theme and have one area which hopefully you can assist with - I'm hoping this is a simple one.

My client operates wedding events, and wants to list their events by Area - they operate approx 10 events in 10 different Counties each year.

I REALLY love the 'big' gallery listings format - I've ben playing with categorising the gallery lists and the filters, buttons and beautiful (+) hover image are a really engaging way for site users to refine their search for an event in their local area. However, when site users click on a gallery list item this (obviously) opens the gallery page. I want to link directly from the Gallery List to an Event page instead, completely bypassing the gallery page itself - is this possible?

I really hope this can be done as I love everything else about the theme. Consider me a happy customer if you can assist!

Rgds,

NW>
  • 5 Responses
  • Support
    Hello, Guest ICHope!

You can set Live URL to link your post: http://churchope.themoholics.com/online-documentation/how-to-create-gallery/#topic7.

Best Regards!
  • Ah,thanks Stan, I'd put the Event URL in the Live URL field, but not in the lightbox URL field as well so the image was still opening the gallery instead of the Event. Job done, consider me a satisfied customer!

• Support
    You're welcome :)

Best Regards!
  • Hi Stan, I originally posted this question as a guest and am now a fully paid up purchaser! One further related question if I may:

I've pasted the event item URL into the gallery light box URL field and the lIve URL field, so the image and link button both link correctly to the event item. But, if I click the gallery title it still opens the (empty) gallery item - is there a way to also link the title to the event item URL?

Cheers!
  • Support
    Hello, intensify!

This topic is only for presale questions. You should login in to forum and create your topic in a certain category.

Best Regards!
This discussion has been closed.
Post a New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!