churchope Version 3.1 is now available for download from Olegnax download

Themoholics

We like to create professional
WordPress themes

Register a new account

Blog shortcode
  • Hi, I am looking thoughtfully at your theme and I have questions concerning the blog shortcode. My idea is to have some pages with static content, each page with its category. After the static content I'd like to display the posts of the same category as the page, so I was thinking I could add a blog shortcode.

Now the questions are:
    - how can I tell the blog shortcode which category should be displayed?
    - I see in the examples there is no "Read more" link, as the Wordpress default blog, could I add one?

Thanks!
  • 6 Responses
  • Support
    Hello, Clara!

1. There is an option in the blog shortcode that helps you apply the necessary category for a specific blog listing: http://churchope.themoholics.com/online-documentation/blog-shortcode/
    2. It can be done but it will require customization.

Best Regards!
  • I have a problem using this shortcode> It shows full article instead of excerpt in the homepage
  • It seems like "the_excerpt()" used in shortcode is not working for the homepage only, in blog category listing it works
  • another tip: the option "Check to disable excerpts on blog listing" works exactly as the opposite as it says
  • i have this problem only with articles imported from rss using the plugin FeedWordPress
  • Support
    to @manuel_84

This is a presale question category. Please login to forum and create your topic in a certain category.

Best Regards!
This discussion has been closed.
Post a New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!