churchope Version 3.1 is now available for download from Olegnax download

Themoholics

We like to create professional
WordPress themes

Register a new account

Extreme template on iPad
  • Hi
    Loving the extream template, however when I look to view on my iPad the video backgrouns are not rendering?
    Thanks for any pointers.
    Ian
  • 9 Responses
  • Support
    Hello, Ian!

Background videos was not managed to work on mobile devices and tablets. One of the reasons is that this may cause an extra traffic.

Best Regards!
  • Thanks Stan, it would be good if the theme could revert to a saved image if viewed on a mobile (ipad) at present it just sit as a black background and looks a bit "unloaded" Any thoughts on that before I look to buy this theme.
    Thanks
    Ian
  • Any news on this ?

Many visitors are on a mobile nowadays..
  • Support
    Unfortunately we can do nothing with this because the auto play limitation in mobile browsers is an intentional limitation put in by the OS developers. To my knowledge, there is absolutely no way to auto play content in a mobile browser because the event that is required to trigger content play is an OS/Phone event, one which the browser itself has no control over or interaction with.
  • Stan said:

Unfortunately we can do nothing with this because the auto play limitation in mobile browsers is an intentional limitation put in by the OS developers. To my knowledge, there is absolutely no way to auto play content in a mobile browser because the event that is required to trigger content play is an OS/Phone event, one which the browser itself has no control over or interaction with.

That maybe the case, although I have seen website that do manage to make videos play automatically. However, think the background image option is required as a fallback for O/S that can't support autoplay videos.

• Support
    We will consider your suggestion.
  • You know, we don't mind paying if you you add a feature where you can play background videos on mobile.You can simply add a feature to take in html5 video.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
url
spoiler

Post a New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!